Greetings of peace to all Eskrimadors!
Before this gets too long for anyone to read please allow me to express how grateful, honored and humbled I am to be able to lead and represent the Doce Pares “Multi-Style” System of Eskrima Los Angeles chapter for 11 years. I dedicate all glory and honor to God and thank Supreme Grandmaster Dionisio “Diony” Canete, ODL (Order of Datu Lapu-Lapu) for giving me the skill, knowledge and opportunity to be able to do so.
Congratulations to all who have successfully tested for their intended ranks during our Belt Grade Promotion Testing held this 24th of October, 2015. I am proud to be witness to the fruits of your hard work and determination. But your practice and training need not stop there.
A warm welcome to all our new members, expect great things in store for your traditional Filipino martial arts training. We are all very happy to be a vessel towards your learning of the Doce Pares “Multi-Style” System of Eskrima curriculum.
I also would like to thank:
- – Grandmaster Demosthenes “Neon” Arcilla for being our guest of honor and world headquarters representative.
- – Master Leonilo “Nilo” Baron of Filipino Martial Arts Academy (FMAA) for making the time to come and celebrate with us at our anniversary together with members of his family.
- – Master Gary Gabisan for his support and being an inspiring force for our members to emulate. Welcome back to Los Angeles!
- – Guro Tim Piering for being a loyal proponent and upstanding senior member of LADP from its beginnings and up to now.
- – our Black Belts Guro Anthony Castro, Guro Manuel Paglinawan, Guro Esteban Estrada, Guro Andy Leeka, Guro Hubbard Tabay, Guro Cyrus Lutero, Guro Jeremy Cardenas, Guro Jon Palos and Guro Epifanio Fernandez (of Doce Pares “Multi-Style” West Covina) for your dedication and assistance throughout our anniversary celebration. All your hard work has not gone unnoticed.
- – Members Ephrem Martinez and Ruth Arcilla for hosting this year’s celebration and doing most of the planning and preparation all attendees have so enjoyed.
- – our anniversary celebration guests: Master Winston Canete, Master Wendell Canete, Master Eva Canete-Rubia and Guro Jojo Baron.
And finally, a big congratulations and well wishes of prosperity & good health to our newlywed members, Mr. Anthony Partible & Mrs. Sarah Satumba-Partible as they expect to welcome their bundle of joy in the coming months.
Here’s to looking forward to year 12 and many more to come.
Master Erwin Mosqueda
Founder, Chief Instructor