Seasons Greetings, Eskrimador!
As this month rolls into the holiday season and we begin another year of “Multi-Style” System of Eskrima training, I would like to convey my most sincere gratitude to all who have supported Los Angeles Doce Pares for 2014.
It has been a good year for us owing much to the dedication of Senior instructors Guro Gary Gabisan, Guro Timothy Piering, Guro Andy Leeka and our newly promoted 1st degree Black Belt students as they have surpassed the rigorous testing of the World Headquarters in Cebu City, Philippines in order to be dully certified and recognized for their proficiency of Doce Pares “Multi-Style System” of Eskrima training curriculum.
And on behalf of our Los Angeles Doce Pares senior instructors and newly promoted Black Belt students, we thank:
- Grandmaster Arnulfo “Dong” Cuesta and Grandmaster Steve Wolk of Philippine Integrated Martial Arts (PIMA) for their continuing support and recognition. http://eskrimador.org/
- Master Nilo Baron and senior instructors of Filipino Martial Arts Academy (FMAA) for another successful “River City Rumble” tournament; in which Team LADP garnered the 3rd overall champion award. http://www.fmaadocepares.com/
- Master Mike McKenzie and senior instructors of “Sacramento Yaw-Yan Ardigma/Doce Pares” for inviting us to witness their grand opening day. https://www.facebook.com/yawyanardigmasacramento
- Sharon and Philip Oshiro, Celina Duffy, David Polcyn, Ben Aranda of The Rotary Club of Historic Filipino Town and the rest of the organizers of “A Fighting Chance” charity seminar allowing us to showcase our Filipino martial arts offering in Southern California for the benefit of those affected by typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines. https://www.facebook.com/rchifn
- The San Carlos City Association of Los Angeles headed by Mr. Daniel Salvador for inviting us to perform a Filipino martial arts demonstration during their 22nd Anniversary Fiesta. http://www.sancarloscity.org
- Guro Anthony and wife Jane Castro for always being our most gracious hosts in our events. Ephrem Martinez and Ruth Arcilla for always making sure our events are prepared as planned.
- Mel “the Marksman” Dimacali for the diligent coordination and scheduling of LADP events and activities.
LADP Tenth Year Anniversary
2014 also marks our tenth year anniversary; we could not have achieved this milestone without the wisdom and guidance of Supreme Grandmaster Dionisio “Diony” Canete, ODL (Order of Datu Lapu-Lapu) and the support of the world headquarters officers headed by Masters Percival Pableo and Gerald Canete.
Here’s to more years of propagating the learning and preservation of authentic traditional Filipino martial arts in Los Angeles!
Master Erwin Mosqueda
Founder, Chief Instructor