We thank Guro Jon Palos for helping make this performance come into fruition, Frontier Communications, PCA Ad Agency, Mr. Allen Palos – Project Manager for the ABS-CBN Corporation and Mr. Joel Jacinto – appointee of Mayor Eric Garcetti and the first Filipino-American Commissioner for the City of L.A. Department of Public Works and give a big pat on the back to our volunteer demo team members below for a job well done!
Ms. Ann Duong
Ms. Jade Mosqueda
Ms. Jereah Mosqueda
Ms. Ruth Arcilla
Mr. Flobert Rosario
Mr. Dexter Tidalgo
Mr. Brian Lin
Mr. Jacob Mosqueda
Mr. Johnrei Mosqueda
Mr. Eustace Martinez
Mr. Ephrem Martinez
Guro Anthony Castro
Guro Manuel Paglinawan
Guro Anthony Partible
Guro Mel Dimacali
Los Angeles Doce Pares has added a new training location in the City of Carson!
Authentic traditional Filipino Martial Arts has added a new training location in the city of Carson. Brought to you through the initiative of Guro Anthony Castro, with instructorship under the direct supervision of Master Erwin Mosqueda.
Before this gets too long for anyone to read please allow me to express how grateful, honored and humbled I am to be able to lead and represent the Doce Pares “Multi-Style” System of Eskrima Los Angeles chapter for 11 years. I dedicate all glory and honor to God and thank Supreme Grandmaster Dionisio “Diony” Canete, ODL (Order of Datu Lapu-Lapu) for giving me the skill, knowledge and opportunity to be able to do so.
Congratulations to all who have successfully tested for their intended ranks during our Belt Grade Promotion Testing held this 24th of October, 2015. I am proud to be witness to the fruits of your hard work and determination. But your practice and training need not stop there.
A warm welcome to all our new members, expect great things in store for your traditional Filipino martial arts training. We are all very happy to be a vessel towards your learning of the Doce Pares “Multi-Style” System of Eskrima curriculum.
I also would like to thank:
– Grandmaster Demosthenes “Neon” Arcilla for being our guest of honor and world headquarters representative.
– Master Leonilo “Nilo” Baron of Filipino Martial Arts Academy (FMAA) for making the time to come and celebrate with us at our anniversary together with members of his family.
– Master Gary Gabisan for his support and being an inspiring force for our members to emulate. Welcome back to Los Angeles!
– Guro Tim Piering for being a loyal proponent and upstanding senior member of LADP from its beginnings and up to now.
– our Black Belts Guro Anthony Castro, Guro Manuel Paglinawan, Guro Esteban Estrada, Guro Andy Leeka, Guro Hubbard Tabay, Guro Cyrus Lutero, Guro Jeremy Cardenas, Guro Jon Palos and Guro Epifanio Fernandez (of Doce Pares “Multi-Style” West Covina) for your dedication and assistance throughout our anniversary celebration. All your hard work has not gone unnoticed.
– Members Ephrem Martinez and Ruth Arcilla for hosting this year’s celebration and doing most of the planning and preparation all attendees have so enjoyed.
– our anniversary celebration guests: Master Winston Canete, Master Wendell Canete, Master Eva Canete-Rubia and Guro Jojo Baron.
And finally, a big congratulations and well wishes of prosperity & good health to our newlywed members, Mr. Anthony Partible & Mrs. Sarah Satumba-Partible as they expect to welcome their bundle of joy in the coming months.
Here’s to looking forward to year 12 and many more to come.
Get chummy with your favorite warm and fuzzy Eskrima training buddy and find time within the next three weeks to squeeze in some much needed practice hours in order to review and be up to speed with your part of our “multi-style” curriculum for this coming
Belt grade promotion testing on October 24, Saturday
Please confirm your intent to be tested directly with Master Erwin* in order to be informed of your proper scope of curriculum for review and appropriate testing fees.
*- All pertinent information regarding announcements, fees associated and venue for belt grade promotion testing shall and will come only and directly from Master Erwin. Deem all information from sources not mentioned here as unofficial.
On February 7th, Los Angeles Doce Pares held a birthday brunch in honor of Master Erwin Mosqueda.
Guro Tim Piering
Veteran United States Marine Corps (USMC) company commander, former Vice President of Engineering at Parsons Corporation and Los Angeles Doce Pares 2nd Degree Black Belt Guro Tim Piering offered his time during Master Erwin’s birthday brunch to say a few words on how he started with and had gotten to know Master Erwin Mosqueda and Doce Pares Eskrima.
Grandmaster Nicomedes Elizar
Birthday greetings from Grandmaster Nicomedes Elizar (founder and chief instructor of World Nickelstick Balintawak Eskrima Club) for Master Erwin Mosqueda
Mr. Jaleel White has a message for Master Erwin Mosqueda and Los Angeles Doce Pares!
Danny “Machete” Trejo
Mr. Danny Trejo is a friend of authentic traditional Filipino martial arts.
A Filipino Martial Arts tournament being brought to us and hosted by the PIMA Academy (Philippine Integrated Martial Arts Academy ) our United States Doce Pares headquarters founded by Grandmaster Arnulfo “Dong” Cuesta, ODL (Order of Datu Lapu-Lapu).
Today we celebrate the glorious legacy of our world headquarters that has continued to inspire us, and share an unbounded optimism in our continued impact and relevance in the preservation and learning of authentic traditional Filipino martial arts worldwide!
Happy 82nd anniversary to our Doce Pares “Multi-Style” System of Eskrima world headquarters!